I have been blessed with many strong female family members and friends. I can't imagine not having my aunt Joanne with me in China for each of my trips. She is now Grandma Jo to my girls and I couldn't be happier for that bond. She has been there for me my whole life but even more so after my mom passed away. It was 39 years ago today that mom died. I can't help but think of her but I also want to acknowledge the blessings in my life as well. My girls Elizabeth and Ella top that list for sure. I am blessed to have a close family and I have my Dad to thank for that. He worked hard to keep my brothers and me happy growing up and because of him, we are still close today. I have a ton of great friends that are always a great source of support and encouragement. Sometimes they shake their heads at me and my choices but they are always there to help me when I need it and to agree that maybe my choices were the right ones for me. Thanks Grandma Jo for loving us. Thinking of Grandma Grace in heaven and loving Poppa here in sunny Minnesota.
Grandma Jo and Elizabeth in China March 2003

Grandma Jo and Ella - China May 2007

Poppa with his Grandchildren as of July 2003

Elizabeth with her Uncles July 2003

Poppa and Elizabeth April 2006

Christmas 2006

Poppa and Ella July 2007

Ella and Hunter July 2007

Making Poppa's Birthday Card - July 2007
No comments:
Post a Comment