Monday, October 13, 2008
Helping those who are waiting
I remember the paperwork and the wait and I really feel for those that are still waiting. But, the ones that I think it really affects are the kids. There are parents and families in waiting that may not get a chance to adopt from China because of the US rules. These families got their paperwork to China before the rules changed in May of 2007. I got my paperwork there for my second adoption in Novermber of 2006. If I hadn't accepted Ella's referral in January 2007, I would still be waiting and would be affected by the I600A as well. Please go to this post and read all about it. But, if you are waiting and you are not with an agency that is not Hague accredited, you could run the chance of not being able to adopt. And if you no longer fall under the updated guidelines from China, your wait may have been in vain and the waiting families are out of luck. That would be sad because the agency they signed up with determined they could adopt and they were within the guidelines at the time for China. But, if they are required to find a new agency, they run the chance of having to start over. If that happens, they could not pursue China. If that had happened to me, it would be a good chance that I would not have been able to adopt a second child since I am single. Please read the US regulation and sign the petition asking that those already in line, can be grandfathered in.
1 comment:
I signed it yesterday...I can't imagine how agonizing this is for parents-to-be!
Post a Comment