Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Chinese Fortune Sticks

This last Sunday the girls and I went to an event at the Mall of America called Passage to China. Multiple tables with crafts and information from various organizations related to China. At one table you could get your fortune told for a fee. I paid $5 for two. Before shaking the cup, the girls had to whisper their wish to me so I could compare their wish to the result.

Elizabeth's wish - "to go back to China"

Ella's wish "A rainbow fish necklace"

The Chinese gentleman telling the stories was interesting. Elizabeth listened intently when he was reading the story in Chinese and then he told me the abridged version.

I don't remember the stick number of the two girls but Elizabeth's boiled down to being open to doing public works / helping the public good. And Ella's was to not talk so much or to be careful what you talk about. :-)

I don't think either one of them applied to the wish as stated by my daughters. Some day I hope to bring them to China so maybe Elizabeth will get her wish. I am not sure how to find a rainbow fish necklace though.

That same day, we went to the American Girl Doll store. Elizabeth has been saving her money (Grandma Jo - hope it was ok but she used the Disney money for this) and wanted to apply it to getting Chrissa. She had 90% of the money so I supplied the rest.



We asked Ella if she wanted an Itty Bitty Baby but I think she was still focusing on a Rainbow Fish Necklace.

No comments: