The boys and I had a wonderful dinner with Dad yesterday. Alissa came and got the girls for some fun. Jim flew in from FL and picked up Dad and brought him over. Kevin came from the hospital. (My nephew Josh's Fiance Laura got hurt while jumping with her horse. The horse landed on her and she broke multiple ribs and messed up her knee... we will know more today)
We grilled burgers and sat around the kitchen table shooting the breeze. While we were eating I was thinking this was probably the last time the my dad, brothers and I would be together like this in our old Kitchen. So many memories. Dad was on top of his game mentally too yesterday. We were talking about the old days and he wanted to know if the Southern Comfort was still in the cabinet above the stove. The neighbors used to make a Mean Slush Summer Drink and that was one of the ingredients. Yup it was. I pulled down all the liquor bottles that were from his time here and 3 of the 4 were unopened. There was a bottle of Gin that was opened so Jim took a swig and then noticed there were floaties in the bottle. Hopefully Jim doesn't get sick. :-) I dumped that bottle after that.
After dinner the four of us sat around in the living room discussing Dad and some changes he is going through. It was amazing. I love my brothers and I know they love me. We all love Dad and want the best for him. We have all said it at one time or another - Dad, we are reflection of you. So if we are doing good by you, Dad, its because you did good by us. We are only following the example you showed us our whole lives. We love you Dad!
No comments:
Post a Comment