Friday, September 2, 2011

Ella and her shoes

Ok, Ella will be very angry with me that I shared this but I just feel I need to put this down for our family history. 

Sorry Ella - it is not meant to embarrass.

Whenever Ella gets in the van, off goes her shoes.  When we pull into the garage or a parking spot and sometimes we have to say "Ella put your shoes on"  It is a never ending repetitive chore that at times entertains me and at times irritates me.  This last one was a huge irritation for us all.

Wednesday I picked the girls up at 12:30 from daycare and we ran to school so I could drop off the Care contract for the new school year.  It was due that day (8/31/11). 

On the way to the school I asked the girls if they could start paying more attention and getting ready when they see we are close to parking at places.   This will help alot when school starts next week. 

They listened well

But..... Ella said "I can't find my shoe Mom".  I got really irritated because we were doing this on my lunch hour and I had to get back home to finish my work day and having to stop and look for the same thing again just bothered me.  But, we looked under all the seats and in the back of the van and the 2nd sandal was no where to be found.

Being the "mean" mom that I can be, I made Ella walk to the building with one bare foot and one sandled foot.  She really wanted to stay in the van but NOOOO that was not going to happen.  She was concerned people would laugh at her but I still made her walk most of the way (about 1/2 a block).  When we got close to the school I carried her and then had both Elizabeth and Ella sit on the bench by the office. I dropped off the paperwork and we left. 

I asked Ella - Did anyone see your barefoot?  No Mom. 

I also told her I bet the sandal fell off when she got in the van.  She didn't agree with me.  She said it must have gone out the open window when I was driving.  I tried explaining physics and weight to her but I could tell she just didn't believe me.  But, Ella, there is no way that is possible with a shoe - paper yes, shoe no. 

Guess what we found when we pulled up to daycare on Thursday?  Right next to the curb was Ella's sandal. 

I just smiled and put it in the van. 

I love you Ella and pray you continue to find joy in being barefooted.

No comments: