Monday, June 25, 2012

Chinese Daycare

The girls started at a new daycare today.  This is where they will be for the summer.  It is a Chinese Daycare and they both were anxious about it.  I have heard from them both that they didn't want to go.  Ella didn't want to go because she was afraid she would be bullied.  We talked through that and I will continue to check with her but I don't expect anything like that to happen.  It could just be that she is thinking of the afterschool situation we worked through last year.  Elizabeth didn't want to go because she didn't want to have to speak and study Chinese.  I told her it will help her stay caught up when she is back in school in the Fall.  She also is worried she will be the oldest.  That may be so and we talked about how good a helper she is with little kids and that would be fun. 

I know it will be just fine and to add bonus points we ran into more friends there. There are friends from school there and this morning we counted 3.  I know there will be more too and 3 of them are from Ella's grade.  They both were ok when I left and were checking out the toys and getting settled in the room.  I will be very interested to see how their day went. 

This morning Ella woke up a little stressed.  She said it was because she couldn't find something but I have a feeling it may have been nerves.  So, we sat and cuddled and talked about the anxious feelings she was having.  She said it feels like her body is getting beat up - by me.  Yikes.  That would cause anxiety.  We chatted more and then Ella got ready.  I went back to work in the basement and the next thing I knew Ella had poured me cereal so we could have breakfast together.  By that time Elizabeth was up and joined us for breakfast.  Nice way to start our day for sure!

Have a great time girls.

P.S.
Yesterday the girls and I went shopping at Ikea.  Ella wanted to watch movies in the kids area but Elizabeth said she was getting too big and wanted to shop with me.  As the two of us were walking around looking at stuff Elizabeth told me she doesn't often get the opportunity to do stuff like this with me and that was why she didn't want to go to the kid's area.  Sounds like I need to make more of an effort connecting with my wonderful Elizabeth.  :-)

No comments: