This last school year Elizabeth received an assignment to write poems. She did a great job and wrote one about her Grandpa. I cried the first time she read it to me and think she did great. She even had to memorize it and share it with her class at the end of the school year. Wow. So Cool!
Grandpa,
I remember hearing a story about you chasing a kid and fell down
I remember you pushing me and Ella in your wheelchair
I remember the times when we went outside and eating doughnuts
I remember your glasses how you don't like wearing them
I remember your shoes on the floor not on your feet
I remember your kids asking how you fell
Even though you have passed away I just wished I said "I love you" more
But you will always have a place in my heart.
I wish you were here with us right now
I will always remember the good times and bad times with you.
I will always remember your laugh.
by Elizabeth.
1 comment:
I miss you Dad. I miss your laugh and your smile. I know you are still taking care of me. I am so blessed to be your daughter
Post a Comment